I love Cath Kidston! I have found these cute shabby chic items all over the internet, but I finally found a name to go along with it, along with a US store. Horray! I am a sucker for floral patterns and this brand definitely suits me. Maybe I can find some similar looking items around the stores this weekend? Fingers crossed.
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
I found this cute little powder container that also works as a music box! You wind it up, and take off the lid to hear it's merry little tune. It still sounded fantastic so I took it home for $2. Unfortunately, the inside was pretty dingy and the top was not so pretty. I cleaned it out and glued on an old broken clip-on earring I had laying around who's colors matched perfectly. Now I use it as a safe box for my small treasures. Any intruders will hopefully be startled by it's threatening jingle!
Thursday, January 31, 2013
I love handmade Valentine's Day cards. Even if they look awful and you have no creative talent, they show that you truly care and you took your time to make the day special. I was in the mood this morning to make some creations with extra scrapbook paper and pieces I had left over from around Christmas time. Valentine's Day does not always have to be all pink red and white! I threw in some blues and greens too!
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Had a rather rough day today. Thought I'd take a moment to outline a few of the things I do to simply help cheer myself up at home.
1. Vampire Weekend self-titled album. The music is so upbeat and happy. I will blast it anywhere I am.
2. Coffee. No matter what state I am in, happy or sad, coffee just makes everything better.
3. Back to the Future. Without a doubt my favorite movie. It's helped me get through a lot of bad days. "The future is what you make it."
4. Playing dress-up. Seriously, I will rip apart my closet and try on everything to create new looks with what I have. It takes up a lot of time and is a great distraction.
5. Gossip magazines. I won't lie here, I LOVE these.
6. My cat Goober. He's my little schnookums and knows when I'm having a bad day. He'll curl right up to me and look at me with those gigantic eyes.
7. Flight of the Conchords. They are HILARIOUS. Always a great pick-me-up to hear their stand-up or watch their television show.
8. Painting my nails. It keeps my mind pretty busy while I sip some coffee, while watching Back to the Future or Flight of the Conchords, while wearing my long-lost mini dress and some pearls, while reading some gossip magz and cuddling with my cat with Vampire Weekend blasting in the background.
What do you do when you have a bad day?
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
I found some cute animal planters for about $2 a piece which were in need of some TLC. I took some Krylon premium sterling silver spray paint (works great for projects like this because it dries fast and leaves few drips) and gave them a good modernizing. I'm sure everyone will love these at Easter time!
Sunday, January 27, 2013
Here are a few of my latest favorite thrift store finds. Getting ready for spring!
Blue Old Navy sweater $5, white silk blouse $4, and floral blouse $6.
Caslon patent brown and beige overnight bag $10. Brand new, still wrapped up and everything. I have only found this brand sold at Nordstrom stores.
No-name patent beige wallet $5. This looked brand new as well. No marks, or sign of use.
Saturday, January 26, 2013
Hey, so have any of you made your own chalkboards yet? The DIY tutorials are everywhere on Pinterest! Like here, and here, and even here! It is so easy if you have nice frame and you can remove the glass. Chalkboard paint is pretty cheap and you can get some from pretty much any craft store. I wanted something a little different, so I used Martha Stewart's Craft Paint by Plaid in chalkboard grey. It's a multi-surface paint, which was great because many of the cute frames I found around the thrift stores were made with plastic panels instead of glass. It worked just fine! I highly suggest if you want an easy crafty DIY project, try making a chalkboard! They also make cute gifts.